- Do you get any days off in basic training?
- What boot camp is the hardest?
- Can you wear a wedding ring in basic training?
- Do you get paid in basic training?
- How many pushups do you do in basic training?
- Do you get your phone back after basic training?
- How long do they take your phone in basic training?
- How much sleep do you get in basic training?
- How long do you get to shower in basic training?
- Do you shower together in basic training?
- Do drill sergeants read your letters?
- Are cell phones allowed in basic training?
- Can you bring anything to basic training?
- Does the military go through your phone?
- Are drill sergeants allowed to hit you?
- How much weight do you lose in basic training?
- How many phone calls do you get in basic training?
Do you get any days off in basic training?
Once you get to your job location, it’s usually Monday through Friday 9-5, (6am physical training).
Frequent exceptions, as you will always be a soldier 24/7, and missions, training, and tasks may spend your time for you..
What boot camp is the hardest?
Navy boot camp changes giving recruits more sleep and less marching are generating buzz among members of other services, particularly the Marine Corps, which prides itself on having the toughest basic training.
Can you wear a wedding ring in basic training?
You can only wear up to one bracelet and earrings that do not cross the earlobe. Male soldiers are only allowed to wear a wedding ring.
Do you get paid in basic training?
If you arrive at basic training before the 10th of the month, you’ll get paid on the 15th. If you arrive after the 10th of the month, you won’t see your first paycheck until the 1st of the following month, but it will include all pay you’re entitled to, as of that date.
How many pushups do you do in basic training?
To complete boot camp, recruits must score at least 50 points in each event, for a total of 150 points. For men ages 17 to 21, that means performing at least 35 push-ups and 47 sit-ups, as well as running two miles in no more than 16 minutes and 36 seconds.
Do you get your phone back after basic training?
Under the new policy, cell phones are kept by the drill sergeant (DS) and returned to recruits for a period time each Sunday if the DS feels the platoon earned the privilege; of course, recruits who don’t have a cell phone are still allowed to use the old pay phones, but the time allowed to make calls is still limited …
How long do they take your phone in basic training?
During the 7.5 weeks while your loved one is at BMT, he/she will be authorized to use his/her cell phone or pay phones to make outgoing calls to family members. Trainees are encouraged to maintain their cell phone service while at BMT and to bring a calling card.
How much sleep do you get in basic training?
Most soldiers reported a reduction in sleep duration and quality since entering BCT, citing that they were used to sleeping an average of 8 to 9 hours at home, but averaged 5 to 6 hours per night in BCT.
How long do you get to shower in basic training?
2 minutesShowers are also have to be brief. There are 60 airmen all trying to get a shower in a very limited time. Give yourself 2 minutes. You just need to soap down and rinse off.
Do you shower together in basic training?
In basic training, you take group showers. There’s no way out of communal showers. They’re required. … Your instructor will give you a time limit for your shower and tell you when you may takeyour shower during the day or night.
Do drill sergeants read your letters?
2. The Drill Sergeants Open my Letters. The Drill Sergeants won’t open his letters (though they very well might open his packages, if he gets any). However, if a letter arrives with a suspicious feel–like lumps of gum or a stack of photos, they will ask your soldier to open the letter in front of them.
Are cell phones allowed in basic training?
There are no cell phones allowed in Basic Training. This is a consistent rule for all of the military branches: Do not expect your service member to be able to call you, text you, or receive your messages when they are in Basic Training. … The Army will allow some cell phone use during AIT, which is after Basic Training.
Can you bring anything to basic training?
BASIC TRAINING ESSENTIALS Keep in mind that all of your personal belongings must be able to fit into one medium-sized gym bag—so make sure none of that space is taken up by anything that will get confiscated at BCT. DO NOT BRING: Family members.
Does the military go through your phone?
1. Do I have to provide my cell-phone to military law enforcement? The short answer is that we would not recommend ever consenting to a search of your digital world – computers, phones, cameras. If law enforcement wants to seize a phone, the 4th Amendment, US Constitution requires them to obtain a warrant.
Are drill sergeants allowed to hit you?
Drill Instructors/Drill Sergeants don’t physically touch recruits. They don’t hit or physically assault recruits, ever. They come close, but they never physically hurt or even touch recruits. Another thing that is important is that everything they do is for a purpose, a rehearsed, manufactured, and engineered purpose.
How much weight do you lose in basic training?
Soldiers–how much weight did you lose in boot camp? I’m watching a show right now that shows weight loss extremes at anywhere from 85 to 110 days. For some, the loss is amounting to 80 plus pounds. The most successful (of course) who exercised 7 days a week and followed the diet strictly.
How many phone calls do you get in basic training?
Because calling home is an earned privilege (for your group) and is different for everyone depending on how your basic training unit performs, you may get only one phone call during your entire time at basic, or you may get asmany as eight or ten chances to call home.