- What is ECR category?
- Which country requires ECR?
- Is Ecnr required for Indian passport?
- Can I visit Dubai with ECR passport?
- Can I travel Dubai with ECR passport?
- What are the disadvantages of ECR passport?
- Where is non ECR page in passport?
- Who is eligible for Ecnr in passport?
- How can I get emigration clearance for ECR passport in India?
- How do I know if my passport is ECR or ECNR?
- What is ECR not required on passport?
- How can I get Ecnr passport?
What is ECR category?
ECR stands for Emigration Check Required and ECNR stands for Emigration Check Not Required.
ECR status will be printed in the passport of the applicants who fall in the ECR category.
For those falling in the Non-ECR category, there will be no specific mention in the passport..
Which country requires ECR?
The 18 countries for which emigration clearance is required for ECR passport holders and nurses travelling for work are as follows: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sudan , South Sudan, Syria, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen …
Is Ecnr required for Indian passport?
Any passport issued in or after January 2007, with no notation, it is taken as ECNR. If any passport requires ECR, there will be an endorsement in the passport regarding it.
Can I visit Dubai with ECR passport?
Any one can visit Dubai. ECR is no more required. New Indian passports even do not have it. You can contact travel agents or Emirates directly to get a Dubai visit visa.
Can I travel Dubai with ECR passport?
ECR passport holders going to any of the notified countries (ECR countries) on any visa other than employment visa, are allowed to travel on production of following documents at the Airport: Valid Passport. Valid visit/residence/study visa etc. Return Ticket.
What are the disadvantages of ECR passport?
11. What are the disadvantages of an ECR passport?TAGS.emigration check.emigration check not required.emigration check required.indian passport.travel abroad.
Where is non ECR page in passport?
3. How do I know if a passport is a ECR or non-ECR (previously ECNR)? (i) If a passport (old booklet type) does not contain ECR stamp (normally the stamping is done on page 3 of the passport), it is a non-ECR passport.
Who is eligible for Ecnr in passport?
Non-ECR, formerly known as ECNR, means Emigration Check Not Required(ECNR). In general, if you have passed 10th class/grade (Matriculation or Higher Educational Pass Certificate) or have higher degree then your passport falls under Non-ECR Category.
How can I get emigration clearance for ECR passport in India?
An emigrant, having an ECR passport and departing to any of the Notified Country, has to apply online on the eMigrate system (http://emigrate.gov.in). After the emigrant applies, the application will be processed online by the jurisdiction PoE office.
How do I know if my passport is ECR or ECNR?
For those passports issued prior to January of 2007, if there is no notation in the passport, it means that it is an ECR passport. For those passports that have been issued after January 2007, if there is no notation, it means that the passport is an ECNR or Emigration Certificate Not Required Passport.
What is ECR not required on passport?
Non-ECR stands for Emigration Clearance Not Required (ECNR). This is for the people who are educationally qualified and wanting to travel for any business or travel purposes. The ECNR passport holders can travel to anywhere in the world without the need of clearing the emigration.
How can I get Ecnr passport?
To apply for an ECNR stamp in the passport, the applicant is required to fill a Miscellaneous Application form (EAP-2). The application form may be submitted personally or through a representative (having an authority letter duly signed by the applicant as per Annexure ‘L’) or by registered post.